11.25.2003

Review

I've recently downloaded a new program this is crazy off the hook.
It's iStopMotion and it's only for Mac. Basically it's a program that enables you, with the use of a digital video camera to create stop motion animation aka claymation. I downloaded the free version, and it limits you to 320*240 resolution for internet use. If you shell out 39.95 you can go up to 720*576 for video, dvd, internet. It's super simple to use. The online tutorial gets you started animating in a matter of minutes. I made my first 10sec animation in about a hour and a half(I was very focused during the process, but you could bang a rough one out in five minutes). I must say it is very gratifying to see your first little animation come to life. I then exported my animation to QuickTime to create a movie. Earlier today I imported that movie into final cut pro and played around with it. I was really happy with the outcome and hopefully I'll be able to send it out for you guys to see. I highly recommend iStopMotion to any interest in the medium. You can get more information on the program by visiting their website iStopMotion , and see examples of work done with the software.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home