4.20.2004

"Looking for Fidel"

This documentary is directed by Oliver Stone, and is a follow-up to his 2003 film, "Comandante". I caught the last 10-15 minutes of it this morning before going to work. The film looks very interesting and I'm super eager to watch it in its entirety. "Comandante" has never been aired for various reasons, but word on the street was that Stone was way to easy on Fidel. This time around, according to The Hollywood Reporter Stone has a different approach. I think its called, NOT BEING A ROMANTICIZING CLOSET COMMUNIST FUCKER. That being said I'll wait to watch it myself before coming to any conclusions. I'll say one thing about Stone with certainty, after watching an interview he did with Charlie Rose. He seems to be of the mind set that other countries due worse, and Cuba isn't that bad. He said things along the lines of "Argentina and Guatemala have committed a lot more atrocities toward its people, and Cuba pales in comparison." He goes soft on Cuba because other countries have a worse record. That's like justifying a rape, by saying,"well at least he did kill her". Bottom line, I'm gonna watch it, and I hope you do as well. Here is the schedule.

PS I think Stone reads the "The Daily Worker". If anyone can tell me what I'm referring to, you are officially the man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home