5.13.2004

Keepin it light.

First off the new blogger is the shit. Hopefully I'll be able to find time to integrate my favorite links onto my new page. Taking a quick look at the html code, off the bat I'm intimidated. It seems to be a little out of my league but I'll still give it a shot. I'd like to publicly admit to a problem I've been struggling with for some time. Writing is extremely hard for me. When I do things that I care about, and are important to me, I do them slowly. Its been this way all my life. For example, when I played basketball back in the day I earned a nickname, "Slo-Mo". (I emphasize earn, because I was given my nickname, by peers. Unlike that punk Deion Sanders, who gave himself the nickname "Prime Time". You gotta be full of it to give yourself a nickname and talk about yourself in the third person.) I had a devastating underhand, across the lane, scoop shot. That shot was, dare I say unstoppable. It was my signature move. And like a signature moves in video games(anyone remember Mike Tyson's Punch Out Blink, Blink), you could see it coming a mile away. It was a slow, longwinded move, but it couldn't be stopped. Hence the name Slow-Mo. Back to the subject, I'm a slow-mo writer. When I write about something I care about it takes forever. I've had a blog entry about Pat Tillman as a draft for well over a week. I just can't find the time to put the energy into writing something meaningful. It takes to much time out of the limited "freetime" I have. As a result I've been keeping my entries light hearted over the last few months. Those are the only types of blogs that I can sneak in between the work day. Now looking at this entry, it took me 30+minutes to write. Its late 1am, I gotta go. Quick update on the job situation. We acquired our biggest competitor in the Miami market, on Wednesday. They had a staff of eight people and we took on 5 of them. They've been moving into our offices, and its been super crazy. I have another editor to work with so that's very cool. Downside though, he talks way to much.

best,
dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home