5.30.2004

Warning...For comic book fans only

I found this article on Newsarama regarding variant covers. I love comics, and if I had the dough I'd fork over the cash for the variants. But unlike "collectors" that killed the industry a few years back, I'm in it for the love, not money. If I buy a variant I do it for the art and writing. I'd never spend money on a variant if it took away from my normal buying list. The article gives a nice insight on how the industry works, and how it affects dealers.

1 Comments:

At July 22, 2004 at 12:45 PM, Blogger Awful Pirate said...

As an avid comic collector and fan, I like some variants. But I only like to collect DF variants mostly. And even then very rarely.

I recently worked in a local comic shop in Miam and I despised books with mutiple covers, like Tomb Raider. Especally when it came to filling the subscriber's lists if they didnt mark which cover they wanted.

If my books have multiple covers, I just go for the cover I like. Either way its the content I want to read not display the cover necessarily.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home