8.21.2004

Say it ain't so

1.Let me start off by saying that Kill Bill vol. 1 & 2 are great movies.............For Me To Poop On. I feel was falling asleep during the Vol.1 a few weeks back, and yesterday while watching Vol.2 it was no different. The sad part is I felt obligated to watch the second film. The reason being was, since I wasted my time watching Vol.1 I need to confirm my belief. My belief that the celluloid wasted on this film could have be put to better use. For instance it could have been used to film Scott Baio's comeback flick as an action star. I think American is due for a Scott Baio comeback, dont you? All kidding aside, it was a shitty movie of gargantuan nature.

2.What can I say I'm sucker for video games. I finally broke down, and purchased an Xbox. For those of you who don't know I vowed to never buy and Xbox. I'm no fan of Microsoft, which in this Windows world is a very hard thing to do. But I couldn't deny my primal urge to play on a graphically superior console. How could I say no to Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and Prince of Persia for $20 each. How could I resist with Xia's employee discount? She gets 15% off purchases at Gamestop. In FL that translates into offsetting sales tax, and 8% off the purchase price. My purchase was also partially spurred on by the fact that the next generation consoles by Sony and Microsoft will be way to expensive. The trend is to create consoles that are entertainment systems as well. You know video games, internet, TiVo, and HD compatibility in one machine. Thus making them a lot more expensive. Early word is next-gen consoles will go for around $500, maybe $400 if we're lucky. Anyone have Xbox game recommendations, excluding Football? NFL Street is all you need to get your football fix on. I got it for $20 on eBay. I'm looking forward to Fable, and X-Men Legends. Both of those games looks real good.

2 Comments:

At August 21, 2004 at 4:05 PM, Blogger Guy LeCharles Gonzalez said...

Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay is a must-have for the Xbox. It's still pretty expensive, though, so you might want to wait another couple of months. Dungeons & Dragons: Heroes and Psi-Ops are pretty cool, too.

 
At August 25, 2004 at 12:53 PM, Blogger Dan Diaz said...

Allan,
My problem with Kill Bill Vol. 1&2 is that QT tried to split hairs. QT should have gone all out, one way or another. I feel the movie could have worked either as an all out camp fest, or martial arts drama. What really angered me, and made me get up and leave the room for a bit was the female assassin in Vol.2. So this lady is a deadly assassin, but some how she will not kill The Bride because she just found out she's pregnant. Gimmie a break, when was the last time you met a conservative assassin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home