6.23.2004

Been a Long time....

Lets see whats been going on lately. Well work at the stadium has been fun. Last week I worked 5 of 7 games at home. Needless to day I was tired as hell when that streak went by. Looking forward to that check coming next week. Last Saturday, boy did I party. After a rain delayed game, Xia and I went to Ft. Lauderdale to hang with a coworker of mine. Had a great time, cant remember much, but a great time nonetheless. I do remember one thing, and today it pissed me off. After the bar we went to eat at a diner. When I went up to pay, the lady said they didn't except credit cards. She suggested that I pull the money from an ATM. An ATM that was convent's located right behind me. Today the ATM fee showed up on my bank statement online. Combined it was a $3 charge to use that ATM, but something else really got to me. The diner owned the ATM. So they're making money, by having an ATM in the diner, and not excepting credit cards. That shit pissed me off.
I've come to the conclusion that I will only go to see two types movie at the thwarter. Event films, in which you'll miss out by not seeing it on the big screen, and comedies. Any other genre of film, I'll wait till it gets to DVD. Movies are way to expensive now. The way studios advertise via trailers and cross promotion, they make shitty films look really good. I not willing to waste my money on films that don't lose anything by being seen at home. I've been following this mantra for some time now, and its worked great. As a result the last bunch of movies I've at seen have been: Troy, Harry Potter, and LOTR 3.
Its been a long time and their is more to come....

2 Comments:

At June 23, 2004 at 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's been a very long time. You have to keep us upto date!!

 
At June 25, 2004 at 10:08 AM, Blogger Guy LeCharles Gonzalez said...

Having kids forced us to become more selective about what we drop $20 on in the theaters. These days, it's cheaper to just buy the DVD and take your chances. I still prefer the big blockbusters in the theaters - Chronicles of Riddick was great! - but most dramas and comedies can wait for DVD. And that ATM trick is really shitty. Same thing happened to me in a bar a few weeks back. Grrr... PS: Going to the Post Office TODAY!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home