11.15.2004

What is there to say.

Its been ages since my last post, and I don't know were to begin. So I'm taking the easy way out, and making a list.

1. A major reason Nov. 2nd was a win for Bush and neo-con nation was disdain. Disdain for the DNC. The results on Nov. 2nd were more of an indictment of DNC philosophy/tactics, then a win for Bush.

2. Over the last 5 months at work, my mean streak has really come out and shined. At least 2 twice a week I'm ready to explode on someone. My biggest complaints....constantly answering the same questions to the same person asking them, and stupid questions. Who ever said there are so such things as stupid questions clearly wasn't asked, "Is there such a thing as a stupid question?" a thousand times a day. I guarantee his answer would be quiet different.

3. Work at the stadium has been fun. The team sucks, but its fun. Watching the fights in the stands is a favorite of mine.

4. Been going to the movies lately. The Grudge was really scary, but I don't think I can go much deeper than that. During 75% of the movie I had my eyes covered. The other 25% they were closed. Here is a review of The Incredibles in less than 5 words: smart......entertaining.....funny......alive. One last thing, if you haven't signed up for Netflix do it. $17.99, you cant go wrong.

5. On the comic front here is whats on the list. Marvel Knights: Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, & Wolverine. I'm digging MK Spider-Man a lot. The story, art, and mood of the book fit well together. MK FF is my first venture into The FF, and Its early to tell If I'm gonna stick with it. I've always been kinda interested in The FF, and this is there shot to hook me in. The same goes for MK Wolverine, but I'm a sucker for John Romita Jr. An argument can be made that Spectacular Spider-Man is the best spider book out there. Jenkins and Ramos always deliver nuff said. Astonishing X-Men is very good. Its the only Xbook I read, and is should be on your list. On the DC side of things the Superman & Batman team up series is fun. Even though Michael Turner has some fucked up body proportions, his work is interesting. Batman has been OK. The revolving door or creative teams since last years Hush series is annoying, but overall the book has been good.

6. Here is a real quick rundown on the video games front. Spiderman 2 is a very fun game to play. Yes it repetitive, but its still fun. Swinging around is very very cool. I beat the game in 13 hours. I cant remember the last time I finished a game. Knights of the Old Republic is a top notch RPG. Even if your not a fan of Star Wars it worth picking up for $20 dollars. X-Men Legends is a solid game. Its a flashy beat em up with the X-Men edge, no complaints. NFL Street is great. Forget all the sim football games and play Street you won't regret it.

7. Work and the Florida situation has been stressing me out big time. Hence the heavy emphasis on entertainment. I consider the Florida Experiment a failure at the 1 year and 5 month mark. My emphasis now is on making the best of it, and not make this a total waste of my time. Xia and I have a few set goals that if they're accomplished by the time she is done with school we'll be pleased. 36 credits and counting. Can't wait for Xia to start.

DSCN1826

Happy Thanksgiving
-Dan y Xia

One last comment. After looking at this picuture I just realized I'm a living TV sitcom. Here is a milky white, pastey looking overweight husband, with a hot tanned mama. I guess things aren't so bad after all. You can catch the show I'm referring to everynight on CBS. Just pick a night, you'll catch it.

2 Comments:

At November 16, 2004 at 10:12 PM, Blogger Xia Diaz said...

I think you're hot!! And that's the only thing that matters!!!

 
At November 20, 2004 at 3:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, it's Allan. Here's a little comic geek talk:

Marvel Knights: Spider-Man - good shit. wish it was edgier.

Fantastic Four & Wolverine - i should check them out. the previews i read looked good. What do you think of the FF movie coming out?

Spectacular Spider-Man - the best spider book out there? really?

Astonishing X-Men is very good - i don't know...too many to choose from.

Superman & Batman - weird that this old concept is so popular now. looks cool, though.

Batman - uggh...too many books to buy to keep up with this new storyline.

Check out Ex Machina (it doesn't seem like it'd be any good, but it is), Y: The Last Man, NYX, Supreme Power, Wanted (the most gratuitous sex and violence i've ever seen in a decent comic), Freaks of the Heartland, 30 Days of Night (the first trade paperback), Flash, Hulk, Secret War, Identity Crisis, Hard Time (really good), and Case Files (this comic did a McGreevey-type storyline before the scandal even broke. it's so much better than you'd expect from McFarlane's company). I wanted to get in on the whole Marvel disassembled thing, but didn't. If you like FF, you should go back a few issues - there's some good stuff there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home