4.05.2004

I'm Back

In honor of a one month absence from posting to my blog, I am returning. Much like my college days, I'm not keeping up with my assignments. Now lets get back into the action. First off some review that I've been lagging on.
Lost in Translation has gotten a lot of press and praise, and deservedly so, if you like being bored during a movie. The movie does a great job of making you feel like the characters on screen. The problem is nobody wants to feel that way. Coppola beautifully projects the characters feelings of isolationism/boredom onto the viewer. Is a riveting story? NO. Are the locations and cinematography beautiful? Yes. Is the acting good? Absolutely. Is the script top notch? For the subject matter, Yes. But I feel this is a movie where its parts are greater then its sum. Pick it up if you wanna marinate in depression.
Bend it Like Beckham, simply put its a great movie. Anyone in one form or another can relate to this film. In general the film has gotten its due, but you gotta go and pick it up. Bend it is a feel good movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home